This Policy does not cover any links to external, third-party websites. Please consult the privacy notices on the external websites for more information.
We use your information, with your consent, to manage your client affairs, assess and process your complaints against our agents and/or ourselves, respond to your queries, provide you with relevant information, provide service, administer our relationship with you, and as set out in our cookies notice on the website.
Your information is collected from:
- a) any information entered on our website,
- b) e-mail correspondence with ETU employees
- c) contact via phone
- d) ETU social media channels
- e) application and request forms by post
- f) in-person contacts with ETU employees, agents, affiliates
- g) information we gathered via events, and
- h) external contact lists from ETU affiliates.
If you are a current or previous ETU client, we will use your information to:
- a) administer the services being provided to you as our client;
- b) maintain relevant contact, including, but not limited to: sending you information, newsletters, and guidance notes etc.;
- c) maintain the accuracy of your information and communicate with you for any other reasons related to your client account;
- d) maintain the client directory;
- e) provide our service partners (including furniture dealers, white good dealers, repairmenetc.) to give you information according to your instruction;
- f) share with other regulatory authorities who may be investigating any complaint made against you.
For all other persons who have contacted ETU, we will respond to your queries and investigate your concerns against our staff and management via email, phone and/or post. If you do not wish to be contacted by ETU by any particular means, please contact us to change your preferences. We will use your information to:
- a) administer and develop our relationship with you, provide services and respond to your queries;
- b) investigate the issue/complainant against our firm and staff;
- c) help to protect our clients and members of the public against fraud and unethical conduct committed by any service provider; and
- d) contact you for any further information in relation to your queries and complaints as required, and keep you informed.
We will stop sending you promotional messages as soon as you have indicated your decision to not receive them.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials from ETU, please write to
[email protected] to be removed from our mailing list.
We will keep your information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes listed above.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how you can manage or delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
You should note that if you do not accept the cookies or subsequently choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to access all the services on our site. We also note that one of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set.
We share your information internally within ETU to maintain our professional standards internationally.
Your information will NOT be transferred to countries the European Commission does not deem to provide adequate level of data protection, or by your country of origin, including the US. You can find a list of ETU offices here. We have relevant data transfer agreements with oversea offices, and your information will be secured to the standard as it is in the EU.
We share your information with third-parties and data processors who may need to access your information for performing the purposes specified above.
We sometimes outsource some of the services set out above, to reputable third parties, including for the purpose of to ensuring the security of your data. We have data protection compliant agreements in place with all such service providers so they would only use your information according to our instructions.
We take reasonable organisational and technical measures to protect your information.
We take reasonable steps to protect your information against unauthorised access, modification or misuse. We use services provided reputable security providers and your information is accessed by our employees, agents and third-party partners on a needs-only basis.
We will provide you access to the information we hold about you as provided by law, upon request.
Under the Turkish Data Protection Act of 2016, you have the right to access the information we hold about you. This may be provided by providing you with:
- • a description of the information we hold about you;
- • the reason we hold the information;
- • who the information may be disclosed to; and/or
- • a copy of the information in an intelligible form
If you would like to access the personal information we hold about you, please contact the Data Protection Officer (contact details available below) and provide us with the following:
- • ETU client– name, last name and date of birth;
- • Non-ETU client– a copy of your photo id;
- • The department you were in contact with where you would like to obtain your information from;
- • Description of the information you are planning to access (e.g. information concerning the complaint you made; correspondence between a period of time)
- • €10 cheque for the processing fee
We may contact you using any contact details you have provided to obtain more information and assure your identity if needed in order to process your request.
If you are not located in Turkey, your right of access to your information will be assessed and administered according to local legislation.
This Policy was last reviewed on 14 June 2018. The content of the policy may be reviewed and changed without prior notice, please visit the policy for any changes.
Please write to the Data Protection Officer if you:
- a) have any questions about how ETU collects and uses your information;
- b) want to access the information ETU hold about you;
- c) address any concerns about the information you have provided ETU; or
- d) have any complaints about how ETU uses your information.
Information Governance and Data Protection Officer
ETUCON İnşaat Ticaret A.Ş.